VISA “A” – FOR AIRPORT TRANSIT
An airport transit visa is issued to a foreigner holding a regular document for travel abroad or other replacement document issued by a country under Annex 1 of the Ordinance on the terms and conditions for issuing visas and determining the visa regime.
- Types of visa “A”
The airport transit visa can be: single, double or (exceptional) multiple. The latter is valid for up to 3 months from the date of its issuance.
- When an “A” visa is issued
The visa for airport transit entitles the alien to pass or reside in the international transit zone at the airport, in the case of a stopover or change of airport flight in order to continue the trip to another country. A foreigner residing in a transit hall for international flights with a visa for airport transit, is not allowed to leave the transit hall.
- Documents to be submitted when applying for an “A” visa
When applying for an “A” visa, the following shall be submitted to the visa application:
- Regular document for travel abroad
- Photocopy of the pages of the travel document containing personal data, from the pages with the applied visas and / or a photocopy of the residence permits held in the following countries under the route, as well as for the country – destination of the trip, if necessary.
- Current color photo (passport format)
- Flight reservation.
Before issuing the visa for airport transit, a ticket and a copy of it shall be presented.